Email personalization is no longer optional. In today's digital age people are bombarded with emails and the majority are thrown into the trash or marked as spam. One of the main reasons why these emails are getting thrown in the trash is due to the lack of personalization in email communication.
Good service and experience are key to winning a client’s engagement. Successful firms/advisors will engage with their clients and prospects with personalized email communications. Disregarding the importance of email personalization can actually hinder the level of engagement as your reader may feel the communication was not intended for them. As a result, studies have shown personalized message can increase click-through rate by 14% and conversions by 10%.
Clients expect their advisor to know and anticipate their needs and respond accordingly. What advisor can do is provide humanized personal, consistent, and tailored communication that is relevant and timely to their readers.
Remember, clients, are much more than just names in a list. Below we've included a few ways to stand out in a crowded inbox.
- Have a custom greeting (e.g. Dear Mary, Hello Rob, etc.)
- Have a clear call-to-action, welcoming the client to contact you regarding the content
- Provide valuable content, that either interesting, useful or entertaining to the individual, if it's not at least 1 out of the 3 then it has no value to the recipient
- Segment your contact lists to provide targeted email communications (e.g. gender, age group, life cycle, profession, ROA, AUM, etc.)
- Do not buy a list or just send people your newsletter without permission