How to Schedule Content
AdvisorStream allows you to hand-select the articles shared on your social media and schedule them to post automatically. To do this, you'll want to begin by setting up your send times, this can be done in your Social Scheduler. Once you have set up your send times, you can begin queuing up content for later.
Below, you'll learn how to schedule your own content.
- In the AdvisorStream Library, click the Share an Article button
- Then click the article you wish to add you to social media queue
- You can share content to multiple networks at one time. Choose the connected networks you would like to share the article to and then select the persona you wish the article to include.
Optional: add a message to be displayed with the article, if you choose to leave this blank, the message on the left, under the image and title will be used as the intro message.
Note: This feature is not available for all workflows. For some workflows, messages are routed to compliance for approval)
- Click Queue for later.
Note: Articles will be shared in the order they are queued - first in, first out. Meaning the first article you queue for later will be posted at your next available posting time within your Social Scheduler, the second article will get posted second, and so on. You cannot rearrange the order.
How to Edit the Message of a Scheduled Post
When queuing up articles you have the option to add a custom message. If you have already queued up an article to post at a later time but did not add a message, you are able to go back and edit a post to add or change your existing message.
Below, you'll learn how to edit or create a custom message
- Head to your AdvisorStream Outbox
- Click on Scheduled - this will display all queued up content
- Click the Edit (pencil & paper icon) on the article you wish to add/edit the message for
- A window will pop up, allowing you to edit the Destination, Persona, and/or Message.
Note: The custom message feature is not available for all workflows. For some workflows, messages are routed to compliance for approval)
How to Review What Is Scheduled
You can review the article(s) that are Scheduled to post next under the Scheduled section of your Outbox. The Scheduled section will also show you the upcoming article the Social Scheduler has chosen to auto-queue. Ability to share now, edit, approve, or decline. Review the Social Scheduler to edit/see the times of day the article(s) will be posted.
The pending posts are displayed with the most recently queued article at the top. Articles are shared in a first in first out order, meaning the first article you queued up will be the first to be shared.
To see the current queue you can follow the steps below:
- Click on the Outbox
- On the left-hand side click on Scheduled
- Here you will see any queued article(s)with your most recently queued article at the top.
The article at the bottom of the list will be the next article shared, (see image below for the order in which the articles would be shared).
If you are looking to change the order of the scheduled posts, you will need to delete the article(s) that are not in the order you are looking for. Once they are deleted from the queue you can schedule them again, keeping in mind the posts will be shared in the order they are queued.