Your newsletter is an effective way to stay in touch with clients, increase referrals and build recognition with prospects. Each week you will receive your weekly suggested newsletter containing the most timely articles, videos, and infographics from the week. While your newsletter is automated, we give you full control to edit your newsletters.
In this article, you’ll learn how to edit the content selection, template, introduction message, greeting, and choosing a contact list for your newsletter.
- Begin by clicking on your Outbox
- Find the newsletter you would like to edit (within In Progress or Awaiting Approval)
- Hover over the newsletter title and click the Edit icon (pencil and paper)
This will launch the Newsletter Builder where all edits/changes are made.
Navigate between the four sections- Articles, Customizations, Preview and Send.
Note: The Newsletter Builder automatically launches you into the Preview section.
From the Articles section you can:
- Remove articles by clicking on the X
- Rearrange articles by clicking on the image to drag and drop
- Add Articles by clicking on the green Add Articles button.
You’ll then be directed to the Library where you can choose to add new content by clicking on the image, the green border indicates it’s selected. You can also use the core searching tools on the left to locate specific content.
- Once you are done choosing content, click the green Launch Builder button.
From the Customization section you can change:
- Template – This is where you can change the overall look of the newsletter. The default template is the Two Column Framed. Learn more about leveraging the different newsletter templates here.
- Persona & Branding – You are able to change the persona displayed in the newsletter. Learn more about Personas here.
- Newsletter Title – This is where you can change the newsletter title, note that this is a required field.
- Greeting – This is where you can choose your greeting such as Hello, Hi, Dear, and how to personally address your contacts (you must have their first and/or last name in your Contacts).
- Email Templates – Choose to replace the introduction with a general message.
Note: when sending your first newsletter or you add a new contact it's best practice to send a welcome newsletter, we’ve included a welcome introduction within the Email Templates.
- Message – Here you can edit/change the body message of the newsletter. Note: Not all compliance workflows allow for message customization, you do not have compliance permission if this section is greyed out.
From the Preview section, you can review your newsletter changes before submitting them for compliance approval or sending.
From the Send section you can:
- Recipients – Choose who the newsletter is sent to. AdvisorStream will automatically send your newsletter to all contacts unless you specify otherwise.
- Subject – This is the subject line displayed in the mailbox of your contact.
- Label – The label is used for your own organizational purposes. It is not client-facing but will appear beside the title of the newsletter in the Outbox.
- Email Preview – Send yourself a test version of the newsletter by email.
- Send – Choose to send now or schedule for later (specific date/time).
- Save and Close - Saves all changes made and brings you to the AdvisorStream home page.
Fully automated: Once your changes are complete click Save & Close. Your newsletter will be sent out automatically on Friday.
Semi-Automated: Once your changes are complete click Approve and then Save & Close. Your newsletter will be sent out automatically on Friday.
Note: The deadline to make changes and approve your newsletter is Friday, 11:00 am ET. If the Newsletter is approved after the deadline, then you must send it manually. Learn how to send your newsletter manually here.